Thursday, June 2, 2011

Settling down.......hopefully

Its been over a year since I have been in any type of management. One year since Ive had the sense of security on what I do each day. A year since......my old life in so many areas. The man I was then and the man I am now wouldnt even know how to relate much to each other. I would like to say Ive gotten wiser, but thats questionable. I can say I have became more humble and appreciative of things and the people I care about. A lot of goals that were set in December of 2009 have been accomplished. There is a group of people in my life that daily help me to become a better man. I do have an amazing woman by my side that inspires me to be the best that I can be in anything I do. I work three different jobs that each have their own reasons and blessings for when its time to be there. In all senses, one could say that Todd Cotner is one blessed man. Which definitely trumps any sense of failure, let downs, missed opportunities, ended friendships, or anything else that has happened. And there have been plenty, more than there would have been if I would have stayed the course I was at Dixie still. But all that would be left is a shell of a man, a drone if you will. A man who wouldnt have much soul left and focused solely on a paycheck and not for a sense of trying new things. And in the end, thats who I try to be. A man who isnt scared to take chances, surrounds himself with amazing people who strive for the same things, and has a faith in the unknown, God, and the creations throughout the world. Its not as expected as it once was by anyone thankfully, but its definitely something I try my best to attain each day. And I pray for anyone who reads this that they find some sort of peace themselves, some sense that is okay to take life a bit slower and feel settled. And hopefully have those little happy moments that make life worth all the crap we all face here and there. Till next time......

1 comment:

  1. You are finding happiness & peace in your life!
    That's everything I hope for for my friends!!!
    So happy for you!
    :D

    ReplyDelete